Options to Stay in Your Home
PennyMac offers several mortgage relief programs aligned with the intent to keep people in their homes. Deciding what mortgage relief program best suits your personal needs can seem overwhelming. PennyMac can help. Our resources can help you better understand your options to make informed decisions about your home loan needs.
Call PennyMac today at (866) 545-9070 to compare the mortgage assistance options available to you.
|Options to Stay in Your Home|
Homeowners who are having difficulty making their current mortgage payment may be eligible for assistance through the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Hardest Hit Fund. The Hardest Hit Fund provides assistance — through modification, mortgage payment assistance, and transition assistance programs — to families in areas that have been hit hardest by the economic downturn.
A loan modification is a permanent change in the terms of an existing loan, resulting in a more affordable monthly payment for a borrower in default or in imminent danger of default.
If you are behind on your loan payments, your first step is to contact your lender. Do not ignore letters and phone calls. Communication is necessary to show that you are interested in working with us on a solution to keep your home. All you have to do is call and say that you would like to discuss a loan modification. Call PennyMac today.
If your home is currently in foreclosure and you wish to apply for a loan modification program, we must receive a complete package by no later than the seventh business day before the foreclosure sale.
BE AWARE OF FORECLOSURE, GIFT CARD & LOAN SCAMS
- PennyMac does not charge fees for a modification or other loss mitigation plans when you are facing a delinquency.
- PennyMac will work with you to ensure every option possible is explored to retain homeownership. No fees. No strings.
- PennyMac does not accept payments from Money Gram.
- Funds are always payable to PennyMac and not to an individual.
- PennyMac does not accept gift cards as payment and will not call you and ask for a gift card number.
- Anyone who demands payment via gift card is always a scammer. Gift cards work like cash, once you’ve provided the number you will not be able to get your money back.
- Don’t be fooled! To learn more about Gift Card Scams, read the Federal Trade Commission’s article.
PennyMac will work with you to ensure every option possible is explored to retain home ownership. No fees. No strings.