At PennyMac, our first concern is that families are safe from Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma. Whether the storm caused damage to your home or your place of employment we know this may be a difficult time. We understand how important your home is to you and PennyMac would like to lessen the burden on you in the following ways:
- Automatically waiving or refunding late fees for mortgage payments for impacted customers
- Suppressing negative reporting to credit bureaus
- Deploying on-site team to endorse insurance claim checks for those who meet criteria
If you anticipate any difficulty in making your payment from a disaster or property damage, we are here to help review all options available to you. Please call our Customer Service team at (800) 777-4001 to speak to a Customer Service Representative. Our office hours are Monday – Friday, 6am-6pm and Saturday, 7am-11am Pacific Time.
Update Your Contact Information and Access Account Information
If you have been temporarily relocated or there are postal delays in your community, please take advantage of the tools available on our website. www.PennyMacUSA.com is available 24/7, from your phone, tablet or PC, enabling you to access your account information, update your contact information, view your statements and make a payment. To make the registration process easier, please have the following information available:
- Your PennyMac Loan Number
- Access to your email account
- Access to your mobile device
Steps To Take For Property Damage
- Contact your homeowner’s and/or flood insurance provider. Report the damage, determine your coverage and file a claim. If you have flood damage and have flood insurance, you’ll need to call that insurance provider too. You can visit the FEMA website for help on How to Fill Out Your Flood Claim.
- Register for Disaster Assistance. Visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov or call the registration phone number at (800) 621-FEMA (3362). Coverage may vary in your insurance policies and there may be resources available to you that are not covered under your insurance.
- If your damage is covered, your insurance provider will assign you an adjuster. The adjuster will come to your home to assess the property damage. While you work directly with your insurance provider, our Insurance Department is here to help answer any questions you have about the loss draft process. Just call us at (866) 314-0498. Our office hours are Monday – Friday, 6am-6pm and Saturday, 7am-11am Pacific Time.
- If your damage is covered, your insurance company will send a loss draft check (or claim check) to you. This check will typically need to be endorsed by both you and PennyMac, your home loan company.
- Here is the required documentation needed in order to expedite the processing of your claim with us. For more information on the process:
- Endorsed Insurance Claim Check
- Insurance Company Adjuster’s Worksheet
- Signed Contract/Proposal with your contractor
- Contractor’s Waiver of Lien
- Contractor’s Internal Revenue W-9
- Copy of the Contractor’s License
Note: When you receive an insurance claim check, please call our Insurance Department at (866) 314-0498 for assistance. Our office hours are Monday – Friday, 6am-6pm and Saturday, 7am-11am Pacific Time.
Impacted by Hurricane Harvey
On Site Claim Check Endorsements
September 25 – October 28
This event is to help customers who need their claim checks endorsed or have questions about the insurance claim process. It’s recommended that customers contact our Insurance Department at (866) 314-0498 to make an appointment before attending this event:Residence Inn Houston West University
2939 Westpark Dr.
Houston, TX 77005
Monday-Friday, 8:00am-6:00pm CT
Saturday, 8:00am-1:00pm CT
- Texas Office of the Governor
- Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Louisiana Office of the Governor
Impacted by Hurricane Irma
On Site Claim Check Endorsements
Please check back for updates on the location and dates.
- Florida Office of the Governor
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Puerto Rico Agency of Emergency Management
- Puerto Rico Hurricane Information
- Puerto Rico Shelter Information
- US Virgin Islands Information
- Georgia Office of the Governor
- Georgia Emergency Management
- South Carolina Office of the Governor
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- North Carolina Office of the Governor
- North Carolina Emergency Management
Additional Helpful Resources
If you need additional assistance, here are some helpful resources:
- FEMA - Registering online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov is the quickest way to register for FEMA assistance. If you are unable to access the internet, you can also call at (800) 621-FEMA (3362).
- Red Cross – Visit the Get Help section of their website or call (800) RED-CROSS.
- United Way – Visit the Disaster Assistance section of their website or call 2-1-1.