State-Specific Legal Notices
The following states require that disclosures be given to residents of those states in certain circumstances. You may also have rights in those or other states not specifically mentioned below. Note that if you are delinquent on your payments, any information that you provide us or that we collect will be used for debt collection purposes.
If you are a CALIFORNIA Resident:
AS REQUIRED BY LAW, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT A NEGATIVE CREDIT REPORT REFLECTING ON YOUR CREDIT RECORD MAY BE SUBMITTED TO A CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY IF YOU FAIL TO FULFILL THE TERMS OF YOUR CREDIT OBLIGATIONS. BUT, WE WILL NOT SUBMIT A NEGATIVE CREDIT REPORT TO A CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY ABOUT THIS OBLIGATION UNTIL THE EXPIRATION OF ANY TIME PERIOD DESCRIBED. THE STATE ROSENTHAL FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT AND THE FEDERAL FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT REQUIRE THAT, EXCEPT UNDER UNUSUAL CIRCUMSTANCES, COLLECTORS MAY NOT CONTACT YOU BEFORE 8AM OR AFTER 9PM. THEY MAY NOT HARASS YOU BY USING THREATS OF VIOLENCE OR ARREST OR BY USING OBSCENE LANGUAGE. COLLECTORS MAY NOT USE FALSE OR MISLEADING STATEMENTS OR CALL YOU AT WORK IF THEY KNOW OR HAVE REASON TO KNOW THAT YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE PERSONAL CALLS AT WORK. FOR THE MOST PART, COLLECTORS MAY NOT TELL ANOTHER PERSON, OTHER THAN YOUR ATTORNEY OR SPOUSE, ABOUT YOUR DEBT. COLLECTORS MAY CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON TO CONFIRM YOUR LOCATION OR ENFORCE A JUDGEMENT. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT DEBT COLLECTION ACTIVITIES, YOU MAY CONTACT THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION AT 1-877-FTC-HELP or www.ftc.gov.
If you are a COLORADO Resident:
A CONSUMER HAS THE RIGHT TO REQUEST IN WRITING THAT A DEBT COLLECTOR OR COLLECTION AGENCY CEASE FURTHER COMMUNICATION WITH THE CONSUMER. A WRITTEN REQUEST TO CEASE COMMUNICATION WILL NOT PROHIBIT THE DEBT COLLECTOR OR COLLECTION AGENCY FROM TAKING ANY OTHER ACTION AUTHORIZED BY LAW TO COLLECT THE DEBT. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE COLORADO FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT, SEE www.coloradoattorneygeneral.gov/ca. PENNYMAC’S COLORADO OFFICE LOCATION: 717 SEVENTEENTH STREET, SUITE 2300, DENVER, CO 80202, (866) 436-4766.
If you are a MAINE Resident:
PENNYMAC OPERATING HOURS ARE 6:00 A.M. UNTIL 6:00 P.M. PACIFIC TIME MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY AND 7:00 AM UNTIL 11:00 AM PACIFIC TIME SATURDAY. YOU MAY CONTACT OUR OFFICE DURING BUSINESS HOURS BY CALLING (866) 545-9070.
If you are a MINNESOTA Resident:
THIS COLLECTION AGENCY IS LICENSED BY THE MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE.
If you are a NEW YORK Resident:
THIS COLLECTION AGENCY IS LICENSED BY THE CITY OF NEW YORK, LICENSE NUMBER 1294096. THIS COLLECTION AGENCY IS ALSO LICENSED BY THE CITY OF BUFFALO, LICENSE NUMBER 551910.
If you are a TEXAS Resident:
COMPLAINTS REGARDING THE SERVICING OF YOUR MORTGAGE SHOULD BE SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF SAVINGS AND MORTGAGE LENDING, 2601 N. LAMAR, SUITE 201, AUSTIN, TX 78705. A TOLL-FREE CONSUMER HOTLINE IS AVAILABLE AT (877) 276-5550.
If you are a UTAH Resident:
AS REQUIRED BY LAW, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT A NEGATIVE CREDIT REPORT REFLECTING ON YOUR CREDIT RECORD MAY BE SUBMITTED TO A CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY IF YOU FAIL TO FULFILL THE TERMS OF YOUR CREDIT OBLIGATIONS. BUT, WE WILL NOT SUBMIT A NEGATIVE CREDIT REPORT TO A CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY ABOUT THIS OBLIGATION UNTIL THE EXPIRATION OF ANY TIME PERIOD DESCRIBED.
If you are a MONTANA Resident: The State of Montana, Department of Administration, Division of Banking and Financial Institutions (Division), is the licensing agency of mortgage servicers. Any consumer with a comment, question, or concern should contact the Division by the means listed within this disclosure. State of Montana, Department of Administration, Division of Banking and Financial Institutions, 301 South Park, Suite 316, PO Box 200546, Helena, MT 59620-0546. Phone: 406-841-2920. Fax: 406-841-2930. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.banking.mt.gov/mortgage.asp.
- AR Debt Collection #3434
- AZ Collection Agency #CA-0910295
- CO Collection Agency license #991420
- HI Hawaii Exempt Out-of-State Collection Agency License #COLAX-634
- IN Collection Agency #08-0096 CA
- ME Debt Collector License #DCL10669
- MN Collection Agency License #40133644
- NM Collection Agency License #1096
- NM Collection Agency Managers License #1683
- NC Collection Agency License #104753
- NY City of NY License/Debt Collection #1294096
- NY Buffalo Debt Collector #551910
- OR Collection Agency #CA49468
- TX Collection Bond 52BSBFD6731
- UT Collection Agency-Certificate of Registration #6956526-0131
- WA Collection Agency UBI 602 817 181
- WY Collection Agency License Certificate of Exemption
Notice to PennyMac Customers Currently in Foreclosure
- If your home is currently in foreclosure and you wish to apply for the federal government’s loan modification program (HAMP), you must contact us at least 7 days prior to foreclosure sale.
- All HAMP applications received less than 1 month from a scheduled foreclosure date must contain all required documentation in order to be considered for a modification (HAMP), or a foreclosure alternative (HAFA) program. If you are not able to provide all required documentation, you must include a written explanation for all missing documentation.