Careers at PennyMac
PennyMac was founded in 2008 with the mission of revitalizing the mortgage market and providing stability and alternatives to borrowers in need of help. Today, we have modified over 4,000 loans, reduced $129 million in unpaid principal balance, and become one of the leading originators of loans through the government’s mortgage assistance programs. We have also expanded our capabilities to include retail lending, correspondent lending, and secondary marketing to become a full-service mortgage entity.
This transformation has only been made possible through the hard work and dedication of our loyal PennyMac employees. Our people are essential to continuing our growth and leadership in the mortgage finance industry. This growth also increases career opportunities and sustainable employee advancement for all members of the PennyMac team.
PennyMac's history is still young, and our journey is still largely untold. Much work remains to be done, and our emphasis on operational excellence has never been more important than right now. We are looking for team members who always perform to the highest standards and with the best interest of our borrowers, fellow employees, and our shareholders in mind.
Our Core Values
PennyMac has three core values: Accountability, Reliability, and Ethical Behavior. These values point the way to the right thing to do and guide all our interactions – with our customers, employees, business partners, and shareholders.
- Being accountable means doing the right thing and actively measuring all aspects of our business for continual improvement.
- Being reliable means working together to exceed customer expectations by operating with a sense of urgency and demonstrating our expertise.
- Being ethical means being honest, fair, and transparent. This is how we establish trust with one another, our customers, business partners, and the communities we serve.
These core values keep us focused, and everyone benefits. As a result, our customers have a positive experience, our employees can take real pride in their work, and our ethical reputation raises the bar for the rest of the industry.
Why Join Our Team?
Whether you have years of mortgage experience or are just beginning your mortgage industry career, we always welcome talented, motivated people interested in:
- Joining a growing organization with the financial strength and stability to succeed in this challenging environment
- Continuing to develop their skills and expand their experience in an customer-centric environment that emphasizes high ethical standards, open communication, and excellence
- Enjoying opportunities for personal development and career advancement
- Enjoying a competitive total reward package of salary, bonus, incentives, and benefits